Friday, February 14, 2014

A Week in the Life: Friday

Well, Valentine's Day turned out to be atypical as well.

8:45:  My daughter and I read and did memory work (including the poem) on the couch as per usual.  Then we moved to the desk and did the same old routine:  math, spelling, grammar and narration using the same curriculum as mentioned in previous posts.

9:45:  My son and I also read and reviewed memory work (including our poem) on the couch.  Rather than starting a new book from his list, he read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No God, Very Bad Day aloud to me.  It was a fun read for a Friday, although not really in the spirit of today's holiday.

At the desk, after his usual cursive copywork, we discussed the rhyming scheme and meter of Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening by Roget Frost, completed a spelling and grammar lesson, and started another math lesson only to be interrupted by Meme, their grandmother.  She arrived to take them to a special Valentine's lunch.

School was over!

I did manage to corral each of them for violin practice in the afternoon, but their lunch on the town and the distraction of neighborhood friends who were off from school today proved too much to overcome.

It still was a productive week.  I hope I did not bore you too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment